Friday, September 24, 2010

The Red Pyramid By Rick Riordan


Jake Kapnick English

Mr. Marcus

One of my favorite books I read was called The Red Pyramid. The red pyramid is a fantasy about Egyptian gods and demons. I first heard about this book by reading the Lightning thief series. I would recommend this book to anybody who read that series and enjoyed it. The author of this book is Rick Riordan. Riordan uses an abundance of literary devices. One of the techniques he uses is ambiguity. Ambiguity is a technique through which authors purposely leave out information to create multiple possibilities and doubt for the reader. For example if the main character was talking to a character and the character knew something. The character would mention it, and the main character would say “what?” Then the character would say never mind or you will find out later, or all in good time. Riordan also uses point of view very well. Every two chapters he changes the view of the character. There are two main characters and he switches of the point of view every two chapters.



In the book there are two main characters Sadie and Charter. In the book they find out that they have hidden powers and that there family descends from the Egyptian pharaohs. It is a great adventure book and I really enjoyed it. There is a lot I can not say about the book because it would give too much away. But during the book the author leaves many cliffhangers. Over all I think this book was fantastic and I would recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment